Sunday, August 12, 2012

Feel the Hunger!!

Gone are the lazy days of summer, drinking soda, and staying up all night without a care in the world. It's time to buckle down and get into football mode! Now is the time to trade in the junk food and feel the hunger...THE HUNGER FOR FOOTBALL!!! So, lace up those cleats, strap on the pads and kick some major bootie!!! This year is going to be amazing. You boys have come so far. You have learned how to work together and support each other. Now is your time to shine!!!


Watching the Olympics this year has been very inspirational to me. Hearing the athlete's stories and seeing their determination, dedication, hard work and perseverance has touched my heart. It is amazing to see what a person can accomplish when they set their mind to it. Even the athletes that didn't medal are to be admired. I have found a few quotes that I thought were worth mentioning, I hope we can all find a little inspiration from these great athletes to better ourselves not only as athletes, but in all that we do.

"I take every meet setting as a practice. In practice I deliver. I perform well, I execute well, and if I just clear my mind, and think of every meet as a practice, then I will never, ever be under pressure. That is how I deliver."
Aries Merritt Gold Medalist 110m Hurdles, London 2012

"I've put my mind on doing something nobody has ever done before. Nothing was going to stand in my way. … This has been an amazing ride."
 Michael Phelps History's Most Decorated Olympian, London 2012 

"The pressure [means] 'Game on.' The pressure should make us do better and greater things. It helps me. It motivates me. It definitely pumps you up and you get so hyped up you want to stick every landing and get as many 10s as you can."
Gabby Douglas Woman's Gymnastics All Around Gold Medalist, London 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment